The University of Western Australia believes in preparing our graduates to be the changemakers in society. Our high-quality courses and unique course structure equip them with the multidisciplinary skills needed to succeed and transform the world in which we live, improving the lives of others and the communities we serve.
Recognised as one of the best universities in the country, the University attracts high-calibre undergraduate and postgraduate students from Australia and overseas. We welcome you to connect with UWA students and see how their future is your future.
We understand members of our community may be experiencing heightened concern for their health and wellbeing with the wider spread of COVID-19. The safety, health and wellbeing of students, staff and wider community is our priority, as such, we will be taking preventative measures in line with ongoing advice from the Department of Health.
For Industry, we will work with you to offer virtual connections with our students. This means you can connect to our students via webinars, social media, email and virtually. We've provided more information on how to utilise these services below.
Connect with our students
- Our students
- Connecting with students
- Recruiting on campus
- Offering Opportunities
- Mentor Students
- Useful Links
Our international students are highly valued contributors to our University as well as to our community. They will bring their experiences, different perspectives and cultural insights to your organisation, as well as the ability to communicate in other languages. There are visas that allow international students to work within semester-time, unlimited hours during semester breaks and after they finish their studies, without the need for sponsorship.
The following student-focused websites provide further information.
Create a cost-effective targeted campaign to connect directly with relevant students, based on your recruitment needs. Our service will help you to identify a specific cohort of students before communicating with them directly, sharing your brand and message.
- Raise brand awareness
- Reach discipline-specific students
Please note that all costs quoted include goods and services tax (GST).
- Standard cost $1.50 per email
- Search fee $110.
- To maximise response, you can send a reminder email after the initial mailout for 30c per record.
- Costs for postal service are available on request.
Request our email or postal service.
Online and Social Media
UWA Careers and Employability maintain Facebook and Instagram accounts. You can send us your tips on how to find work, job applications or careers in your industry. Note, not all information sent will be posted.
Off Campus Event Promotion
Advertise your off campus event. Contact us with details about your event via email.
UWA Careers and Employability Fair
The University of Western Australia has partnered with the AAGE to host The Big Meet Perth on Wednesday March 24, 2021. To register for a stand or find out more information, please visit The Big Meet website (link: https://aage.com.au/event-3837878).
Benefits for participating
- Meet 1,500+ students
- Create brand awareness
- Targeted marketing matched to your preferred discipline
Management Consultancy Day
The Management Consultancy Day is the largest consulting focused event held at UWA, attracting audiences of over 150 students annually.
This event will give your firm the opportunity to meet a diverse range of student talent across all disciplines at UWA and promote your key vacation, internship or graduate opportunities.
The 2021 date will be announced later in 2020.
For inquiries please contact the Employer Engagement Adviser - Ryan Whiddett on +61 8 6488 2258 or email Careers and Employability
Industry Insight Presentations
Showcase your organisation, share your knowledge and engage with students who match your recruitment needs.
Industry insight events are designed to allow students to explore their industry, meet potential employers and connect with industry-relevant leaders.
Benefits for employers
- Raise brand awareness
- Showcase industry expertise
- Create a connection with disciplined-specific students
- Industry symposiums
- Industry nights
- Discipline-focused networking events
- Leadership events and roundtables
- Resume and cover letter seminar
- Interview seminar
- Brand seminar
- Ultimate guide to jobs in…
- Diversity in…
- Leadership talks
Cost and details
- Recruitment talks will be scheduled at a time most convenient for your organisation in line with the academic calendar, they are generally 45 minutes in length and can be on campus or online (virtual)
- Cost is generally $220 (inc. GST)
- Staff will be available to set up and facilitate
- Seminar Capacities will vary between 30 students up to 150 students depending on venue and timing
- Careers and Employability will manage student registrations for your event
Please contact the Careers and Employability for more information or to express your interest in holding an industry insight event.
Advertise jobs online
Use our free platform to reach more candidates and advertise your vacancies to UWA students and graduates.
Using My UniHub
1. Register a My UniHub Account at https://unihub.uwa.edu.au/employers
2. Be sure to have the following information ready: company address, description and website URL.
3. Post a job
Work Integrated Learning
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) bridges the gap between theory and practice by providing educational activities that integrate theoretical learning with its application to the workplace. These activities provide a meaningful experience of the workplace application that is intentional, organised and recognised by the University, in order to secure learning outcomes for the student that are both transferable and applied.
By hosting students, you are investing in the future generations by building their capacity to engage proactively with the industry. In addition, your organisation gets access to WA’s brightest minds who have the ability to bring fresh perspectives and new synergies to projects. A partnership with UWA will expand and develop the social capital for your organisation.
Start engaging with UWA today by offering internships or placement opportunities at your organisation.
- Develop a fresh perspective and approach from students who have new ideas and a different outlook
- Improve the work-readiness of graduates available to your industry and impact on graduate employability
- Raise the profile of your organisation and gain access to high-calibre students
- Access a recruitment pathway – many employers go on to recruit students who have undertaken a work placement
- Give current employees professional development through mentoring and management, and contribute to the culture of learning within your organisation
- Establish relationships within the University which may lead to further collaborations
If you are interested in hosting a student, visit uwa.edu.au/internships for more information.
Career Mentor Link
Mentoring is a great way to have a positive impact, give back to your profession, develop your leadership skills and foster a relationship with UWA students.
As a mentor, you will offer advice and information about your own career journey, sharing with students your insights into the industry they hope to enter in the future.
- Foster a relationship with UWA students
- Create a platform for coaching and leadership development
- Give back to your industry
UWA Careers Centre provides expert recruitment advice to employers.
Call +61 8 6488 2258 or Email us.