Career Mentor Link gives you the opportunity to become involved with one of the best universities in the country.
In addition to assisting and networking with high-calibre students, you will be able to work on your own skills in leadership, communication and coaching.
Career Mentor Link is not a work experience program, but a career mentoring program. The focus is on helping a student develop the skills they need to manage their career, rather than on-the-job training.
By participating in Career Mentor Link you are likely to:
- obtain personal satisfaction from making a difference to the career development of another person
- enhance your people skills in areas such as leadership, interpersonal skills and communication
- increase your professional networks
- hear fresh perspectives from future members of your profession
- increase your profile and the profile of your organisation among University students and staff
What makes a good mentor?
An effective mentor has the following characteristics:
- desire to share information, expertise and experience and to act as a resource
- ability to recognise and encourage the mentee's potential
- willingness to invest time and effort in the mentoring relationship and fulfil the agreed commitments
- ability to give and receive constructive and honest feedback
- commitment to assisting the mentee in their decision-making processes by listening, sharing and reviewing options
- willingness to facilitate networking opportunities through professional contacts.
The program is open to industry professionals who preferably have a minimum of four years in the workforce. If you are interested please contact Ryan Whiddett. Menteer registration is currently unavailable as the system is prepared for the 2018 program.
I gained experience in mentoring and personal satisfaction in feeling like we had achieved something together.