The VIVE Careers Fair gives you an excellent opportunity to engage with organisations who are actively seeking students and graduates to fill Vacation, Internship, Volunteering and other opportunities that will give you great career experience.
From first year to final year, Undergraduate to Postgraduate, the VIVE is for you! Drop on by on Tuesday 1 August, 2017 from 11:00am to 2:00pm at The University Club of Western Australia.
We welcome you to use this page to keep up to date with the latest on the fair and to pick up some tips to prepare yourself before attending. Pre-register for the event here to keep up to date.
Be Fair Ready
The Fair gives you the ultimate destination to research, discover, engage, meet and network with prospective employers. Coming prepared is the key to impress your potential future employer and to assist you, the UWA Careers Centre has provided some tips to help you come Fair day.
Why should I come?
As a UWA Student, employers are actively seeking talented students for various positions within their organisation. The VIVE Fair will host a range of organisations across various disciplines and courses of study. Regardless of what year level you are in, the VIVE is your chance to find out more about a wide variety of roles and organisations. The fair gives you an opportunity to:
- meet employers face-to-face and network with recruiters
- meet graduates and alumni and hear about what they enjoy and value most in their current position
- ask questions
- network and research various organisations across various industries
How can I prepare for the fair?
There a few things you can do to prepare and then action at the UWA VIVE:
- Research and review the list of the organisations attending using the list below (updated weekly until the VIVE)
- Develop some questions for employers and note them down. They could be anything from "What disciplines are your recruiting?" to "Can you tell me a little about your workplace culture?"
- Practice how you might approach potential employers. Be confident, be polite, dress professionally and be prepared to talk about yourself, your interests and what your goals are.
- At the fair, make a note of the important information such as closing dates and the application process. Collect any relevant information, handouts and business cards to help you.
- Don't just collect freebies, show interest in the organisation and ask questions before collecting your free pen.
Keep up to date!
Who is exhibiting at the fair?
Registrations for the 2017 VIVE Careers Fair will be listed here and updated weekly until Friday July 21, when registrations close.
In the wrong place? Looking to exhibit instead?
Information for exhibitors
The 2017 VIVE Careers Fair gives you an excellent opportunity to connect with UWA Students and recent graduates. From vacation programs, internships to volunteering, the VIVE is a fantastic opportunity to network and tap into talented students from Western Australia's leading university. Details about the fair and how to register are available on the exhibitors page.
For enquiries please contact Ryan Whiddett on +61 8 6488 2258 or email the UWA Careers Centre.