The UWA Careers Fair provides excellent opportunities for you to engage, network and meet prospective employers looking to recruit students for graduate programs, vacation work, internships and voluntary positions. From first year to final year, Undergraduate to Post-Graduate, the Careers Fair is for you and on campus on Wednesday 2 March 2016 from 10am to 2pm on The University Club of Western Australia.
We welcome you to use this page to keep up to date with the latest on the fair and to pick up some tips to prepare yourself before attending on Wednesday 2 March.
Be Fair Ready
The Fair gives you the ultimate destination to research, discover, engage, meet and network with prospective employers. Coming prepared is the key to impress your potential future employer and to assist you, the UWA Careers Centre has provided some tips to help you come Fair day.
Why should I come?
As a UWA student, employers are actively seeking talented students for various positions within their organisation. The Careers Fair will host more than 50 employers across various disciplines and courses of study. Regardless of what year level you are in, the Careers Fair is your chance to find out more about a wide variety of roles and organisations. The fair gives you an opportunity to:
- meet employers face-to-face and network with recruiters
- meet graduates and alumni and hear about what they enjoy and value most in their current position
- ask questions
- network and research various organisations across various industries
How can I prepare for the fair?
There a few things you can do to prepare and then action at the UWA Careers Fair:
- Research and review the list of the organisations attending with the UWA Careers Fair Guide Book (downloadable closer to the event)
- Develop some questions for employers and note them down. They could be anything from "What disciplines are your recruiting?" to "Can you tell me a little about your workplace culture?"
- Practice how you might approach potential employers. Be confident, be polite, dress professionally and be prepared to talk about yourself, your interests and what your goals are.
- At the fair, make a note of the important information such as closing dates and the application process. Collect any relevant information, handouts and business cards to help you.
- Don't just collect freebies, show interest in the organisation and ask questions before collecting your free pen.
Keep up to date!
Who is exhibiting at the fair?
The UWA Careers Centre welcomes the following exhibitors that to date have registered for the 2016 UWA Careers Fair. This list is updated weekly until the Fair day.
THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA WILL BE TAKING PHOTOS AT THIS EVENT FOR USE IN FUTURE MARKETING AND PROMOTION. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED PLEASE LET A CAREERS FAIR STAFF MEMBER KNOW AT THE CAREERS CENTRE OR INFORMATION TENT.
In the wrong place? Looking to exhibit instead?
Information for exhibitors
The UWA Careers Centre invites you to the 2016 UWA Careers Fair. The Fair gives you an excellent opportunity to connect with UWA Students and recent graduates. From graduate programs, vacation programs, internships to volunteering, the Careers Fair is a fantastic opportunity to network and tap into talented students from Western Australia's leading university. Details about the fair, how to register and sponsorship packages are available on the exhibitors page.