The University Careers Centre encourages and enables students and recent graduates to successfully self-manage career and employment roles and transitions.
This Statement of Service sets out our aims and commitments.
To deliver high quality careers education, information, opportunities and advice that will enable the development of effective career competencies in response to the needs of all eligible users.
- Educate, encourage and empower current and recent undergraduates and postgraduates:
- to appreciate and explore the range of opportunities available to them and the abilities and skills needed
- to clarify their personal career needs and relate them to possible career choices
- to develop competencies that will support lifelong learning and career management.
- Provide a high quality service to employers and facilitate their ability to recruit from the University
- Encourage and enable University staff to understand and adapt to the changing graduate employment market and to support the work of the Centre
- Participate in and support appropriately the development of professional standards for career development practitioners.
We are committed to:
- providing a welcoming and supportive atmosphere
- treating users of the Centre and each other with fairness, respect and consideration
- providing high quality client-focused service that is impartial, objective, transparent and accessible
- promoting equality of opportunity
- fostering innovation and continuous improvement in the range and quality of the services we provide.
Feedback and Complaints
We actively seek your views about the services we provide. If you think we are doing something well please let us know. If you have any cause for complaint, please contact us in person, by phone or email and we will try to help you.
If you remain dissatisfied with the action taken or the explanation given, please speak with or write to the Director of Student Services. You will normally receive a reply within five working days of us receiving your complaint.