This Statement of Service outlines the commitment of the Careers Centre to its employer clients.
As an employer using the Careers Centre you can expect:
- staff who are professional, courteous, helpful and in tune with your needs
- an efficient response to enquiries and requests
- detailed information on the services available.
The minimum level of service you may expect from the Careers Centre is outlined below. With the exception of those marked *, services are provided free of charge. These charges are reviewed and updated annually.
We will help you to communicate and engage with students in the following ways:
Subject to compliance with our Advertising Terms and Conditions, we will publish information about your vacancies through:
- CareerHub facility on our website with hotlinks to your website
- regular electronic newsletters sent to students registered with CareerHub
- direct mailing students*
- organising the display of employment opportunities on noticeboards in the Careers Centre, faculties and schools of the University.
Recruitment information and selection
- make available to students recruitment brochures and information provided by employers
- co-ordinate and publicise on-campus employer presentations to maximise student attendance
- within the limitations of our resources, make available facilities for individual interviews and psychometric testing*.
Profile and relationship building
We will assist you develop your on-campus profile and build relationships with University staff and students by:
- providing the opportunity to participate in career seminars for students
- putting you in contact, on request, with relevant academic staff and student society office bearers.
What we ask of you
We depend on you to help us provide the most effective possible service. You can help by:
- providing us with up-to-date information on our point of contact within your organisation and meeting any deadlines we have to set
- giving adequate notice to enable us to assist with your requests
- treating our students with courtesy, consideration and fairness, and recognising that we regard it as our duty to challenge you when we have reason to believe that this has not been done
- responding to our requests for feedback on the facilities and services we provide.
Back to top